Thursday, March 05, 2009

Travels

I am back in Oklahoma now, which is actually where I was when I wrote my last post, but in between I've been to Colorado twice and hung out in Wisconsin, where I continued to coach the Pimpdags and went to tournaments in Alabama and Baton Rouge. I also got to see Dartmouth in Louisiana, which was cool. Other than that, I continued my Wisconsin life as usual, played some indoor ultimate and soccer, looked for internships, made some revisions to the journal article on my masters research, etc. Nothing too interesting.

I did find the time to go skiing in Colorado twice. I skied probably my steepest slope yet (50 degrees at Breck), and have upped my cliff/cornice hucking success height to 15 feet (at Vail). Related to those events, I also purchased a helmet. Oh, and I tried telemarking for the first time. I think I caught on pretty fast and look forward to trying it again.

My main point of this post is that I've traveled quite a few (thousand) miles by car in the last two months, and when you spend that much time driving, you see some interesting things. See photos and captions below.


Near Amarillo, TX. "If you can see Jesus, you're not going to hell"


A Rural New Mexico traffic jam.


In hundreds of miles of interstate, this is the only interesting thing to see along I-80 in Nebraska, and I don't even know what it's there for. Still, it's good for looking at for about 30 seconds.


Massive ice storm in Paducah, KY, on the way to Alabama


Sunset in west Kansas near the OK border.

No comments: