Saturday, March 07, 2009

Experiment

I was perusing youtube a while ago and happened upon a real cool video type: the time lapse of a road trip. So on my latest trip from Madison to Vail to Norman, I tried to make my own version. Unfortunately, I don't have a super sweet camera with a timer like this guy, and I didn't want to burn too much camera battery, so I ended up with one photo every 15 minutes. I increased that at times to 20 minutes in Nebraska because Nebraska is boring. The end result I end up with is a bit on non sequitor because of that; there's no continuity between images.

Still it's decently cool, especially the Vail to Norman leg. You can see the rainstorms I drove through in Iowa and how flat Nebraska is. It's almost better as a very fast slide show where you can pause the video to look a more interesting picture longer. In any case though, I won't be doing this again. At least not until I have a better method of pulling it off. I certainly won't run out of road trips to capture.

No comments: