Sunday, July 02, 2006

Metaphysical Question of the Day

Pre-Script: Since I leave Dominica today, the use of this blog as a means to relate my travels ends, at least until I do more traveling. However, I plan to keep updating the blog mostly with things I find funny, interesting, or about ultimate. So, if that interests you, please keeping checking back. If you're only interested in hearing about what I'm doing in paradise... yeah, I'm leaving. Sorry.

Back to the point at hand: Having some downtime this morning while the others are getting money in Roseau, I have decided to entertain myself, and hopefully others, by relating a couple IM gems I've had recently. The first is dealing with stereotypes of Wellesley girls. I had just established with Emily that Shannon and Jesse thought Wellesley girls were either elitist lesbians or sluts who stole MIT men. Emily, while not agreeing, certainly undertood where the girls were coming from, and then commented to me that it's funny Wellesley girls get labled both as lesbians and man-stealers. To quote myself:
Me: That is funny Wellesley has both those lables
Me: What would be funnier was if it was the elitist lesbians who were stealing the men.
Me: Though that brings up the question of what use the men would be to the lesbians?
Me: Perhaps as ottomans....

So, MIT guys, watch out, you might end up as an ottoman.

and the other: Last night I was again throwing ideas out to Emily about things we can do together in August...
Me: Climb Mt. Washington
Me: Go see Junior Worlds in Boston
Me: Visit Fishie
Emily: She won't be there
Me: Won't be where? We'll go to where Fishie is.
Me: How can Fishie not be where Fishie is?

Indeed. That's an interesting question. Is it actually possible to not be where one is? In my upcoming two day absense from the internet, I leave you all to ponder that.

No comments: