Sunday, June 04, 2006

Introduction

So, why the hell am I doing this? I don't know really, possibly an urge to keep from writing mass emails to friends whenever I'm away for a while, possibly to keep friends with whom I never email up to date, possibly just a medium where I can record the random thoughts that pop into my head, though more likely this is simply a whim that sounded like a good idea at 1am the morning before I catch a flight to Puerto Rico.

Later posts, and by later I may mean 10 minutes or 10 days depending on my mood, will provide details of what's going around me along with some deeper or hopefully entraining thoughts. But for now I'll let this post's only purpose be to explain the name: Flying Piece of Schist.

Simply really, I gather that's what I'd get if I was to combine the two biggest time consumers in my life: geology and ultimate frisbee. Which I have to admit, wouldn't be a good conbination, you can't play ultimate with a rock (well, technically you could, but I'm not that much of a masochist) and throwing a chunk of metamorphosed ocean sediment certainly won't help me understnad it better (in most cases). So there you have it. It's make no sense, but at least it's more entertaining than "Brett Carr's blog".

Kind of like this post.

No comments: