Saturday, May 04, 2013

Rebranding

So it's been almost 2 years since my last post. As a general update, here's my current status:

 I am still a graduate student, though I'm now a Ph.D. candidate. I passed my quals last November. I just finished my 3rd year at ASU and am looking at 2, maybe 3 more before I get my degree. Research is going well. More on that later maybe. I spent the last 2 years as coach of the ASU mens ultimate B team. I love it and plan to continue coaching as long as I'm here. Despite living in the desert, I still have managed to ski ~15 days each of the past 3 winters. So I'm doing pretty well.

 I decided to attempt to keep up with the blog again in part because I have a pretty cool summer planned and this is a great way to keep in touch with people and also keep an archive of my activities. I also have a couple grad school survival-themed posts I'll dredge up when I get bored. Though I probably won't talk about research or school that much. Mainly I want to write about the awesome things I do to keep myself happy and sane while trying to avoid being weighed down by the stress of creating something novel that benefits humanity (i.e. doctoral research).

 So, without further ado, updated blog! Next post coming soon explaining why exactly I chose today to do this.

No comments: