Monday, September 07, 2009

Tetons

When south again for my 4 day Labor Day weekend, and this time went hiking as opposed to playing ultimate.

No mountain since the Matterhorn has induced such compulsive picture taking as Grand Teton did during my hike on Saturday. I think my total for the day was around 100 photos. I did the Paintbrush Canyon to Cascade Canyon loop from the String Lake trailhead. It's 20 miles and 5,000 vertical feet, and one of the most spectacular hikes I've ever done. I topped it off my scrambling up a small peak next to the pass the trail crosses to I can that I've been on top of a Teton. I was amazed by the number of other people doing the same day hike too. I figured I'd be the only one nuts enough to do that long of a hike, but apparently the Tetons attract a lot of crazy hikers. I even ran into 3 women doing the entire 35 mile Teton Crest Trail in one day.

No comments: